Dare To Lead™ Workshop (Public)
Version 2 Dare To Lead™ Curriculum Now Available from August 2020.
In keeping with our commitment to empirically-based content, the Dare To Lead™ workshop just has been updated with an extended curriculum, based on new evaluation data.
Using the most cutting edge, empirically-based leadership research by Dr Brené Brown, the new Dare To Lead™ curriculum is now available online for leaders across Australia, New Zealand, Singapore and beyond.
This real-time, interactive online workshop is delivered by Melbourne-based experienced Certified Dare To Lead™ and Daring Way™ Facilitator, Kylie Lewis.
This workshop features 3 hours of exclusive video content of Dr Brené Brown recorded specifically to support the workshop curriculum, and available only to participants attending the workshop. (It's like having Brené in the room with us during the workshop!)
Online cohorts (limited to 10 leaders each) are available now are:
Thursday 15, 22, 29 October 2020 (5 seats available)
- Thursday 5, 12, 19 November 2020 (New!)
Plus: A complimentary Circle-Back session for September participants is Friday 30 October, and for November participants is 17 December 2020, (valued at $375) for deeper rumbling and further embedding behaviours.
(Please note this will not be recorded and is available in real-time only.)
Based on the research of Dr. Brené Brown, Dare to Lead™ is an empirically based courage-building program designed to be facilitated by organisational development professionals.
- Three-day workshop, 8:15am - 5:30pm each day (Australian Eastern Time), over three consecutive weeks, plus a complimentary 2-hour circle-back session a month later.
- Live online delivery, fully facilitated via Zoom, and limited to 10 participants per cohort.
- This is not your ordinary online workshop. Highly engaging, interactive and pragmatic, this workshop is designed to get into the heart of daring leadership. During the program you’ll:
- Undertake an online assessment to measure your current daring leadership skill level;
- Be emailed a workbook to capture your learning and reflections;
- Watch, listen, share, write, learn, reflect and coach;
- Experience an active learning method, by identifying a professional call to courage as a leader, and developing an action plan for immediate implementation within your context; and
- Engage in mindful pauses, movement energy breaks, stretch moments, and kid/furry friend/self-connection time.
Highly pragmatic, immediately actionable and energetically engaging, the goal of this course is to equip you with:
- Practical, guided experience of becoming a daring leader;
- Language, framework and tools to develop your daring leadership toolkit; and
- An empirically tested approach to creating courageous cultures at a time when the world needs it the most.
Now is a brilliant time to revisit, reboot, reset and reengage your leadership growth and capacity.
This workshop is also available to be customised and delivered online to in-tact/inhouse teams within organisations, with new team measurement tools on trust and armoured vs daring leadership just released. Available for teams of four or more. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Over three days (approximately 24 hours) we'll cover the four skill sets of courage.
Brave Leaders & Courage Cultures
- The core tenants of daring leadership
- The 38 behaviours of armoured vs daring leadership
- Identifying your professional call to courage as a leader
- Armour versus fear, and the armouring up process
- The five Cs of strategic thinking, decision making and delegation
- Tools for grounded confidence
- Self-awareness and emotional literacy
- The six myths of vulnerability
Courage Skillset Number 1: Rumbling with vulnerability
- Risk, uncertainty and emotional exposure
- The six myths of vulnerability
- Your arena
- Shame resilience
- The 5 skills of empathy
- The eight empathic misses
- The three elements of self-compassion
- Daring Leadership Circle Back
- Identify your core, guiding leadership values
- Taking values from declarations to behaviour
- Rumble skills: language and tools
- Giving engaged feedback
- Recognising defensiveness in feedback conversations
- Daring Leadership Circle Back
Courage Skillset Number 3: BRAVING Trust
- The anatomy of trust and psychological safety
- Trust with self, with others, within teams
- The role of boundaries, integrity and generosity
- Daring Leadership Circle Back
- Emotional snags
- Offloading hurt
- Strategies for reckoning with emotion
- The reckoning: get curious about emotional hooks
- The rumble: conspiracies, confabulations and shitty first drafts
- The revolution: circle back, rewrite the ending
- Review, refine and commit to your daring leadership plan
WHO IS THIS PROGRAM FOR?
Brené defines a leader as "Anyone who takes responsibility for finding the potential in people and processes and has the courage to develop that potential."
If you're interested in developing your own leadership skill set and becoming braver in your working life, this program is for you.
If you are interested in bringing this program in-house, please email Kylie directly at email@example.com
"I cannot recommend this course enough and I do so with my whole heart. Thank you Kylie for facilitating the pathway forward. It was an incredible journey of self-discovery and validation mixed in with a healthy dose of self-awareness on hardwired long time approaches that would benefit from the implementation of the strategies we learned. Every leader serious about leading with care, compassion and empathy should consider this investment." - Fiona Dalton, Managing Director
WORKBOOK & CERTIFICATE OF TRAINING
Throughout the program we work through the official Dare To Lead™ workbook, which will be emailed to you upon enrolment. Upon full participation and completion of the program, participants can choose to receive a certificate of training.
ABOUT BRENÉ BROWN
Brené is a research professor at the University of Houston where she holds the Huffington Foundation – Brené Brown Endowed Chair at The Graduate College of Social Work. She is also a visiting professor in management at The University of Texas at Austin McCombs School of Business. Brené has spent the past two decades studying courage, vulnerability, shame, and empathy, and most recently completed a seven-year study on courageous leadership. She is the author of five #1 New York Times bestsellers: The Gifts of Imperfection, Daring Greatly, Rising Strong, Braving the Wilderness, and Dare to Lead, which also debuted at #1 on The Wall Street Journal and Publisher’s Weekly list.
The most significant finding from Brené’s latest research is that courage is a collection of four skill sets that are teachable, measurable, and observable. Certified Dare to Lead™ Facilitators focus on developing these courage-building skills through workshops, trainings and coaching to help individuals, teams and organisations move from armoured leadership to daring leadership.
Tickets are transferable to another person or to another workshop date, but not refundable. **In the event that you book a ticket and are then required to self-isolate due to the Corona Virus/COVID-19, I will happily transfer your ticket to another workshop date later in the year.
‘One of the most important findings of my career is that courage can be taught, developed and measured. Courage is a collection of four skill sets supported by twenty-eight behaviours. All it requires is a commitment to doing bold work, having tough conversations and showing up with our whole hearts. Easy? No. Choosing courage over comfort is not easy. Worth it? Always. We want to be brave with our lives and work. It's why we're here.' - Dr Brené Brown
ABOUT KYLIE LEWIS
"The thing that gets me out of bed each morning is the idea of inspiring people to think more about things that matter to them, and building their courage to do something about it. My ultimate mission is to move people."
This workshop is facilitated by Kylie Lewis, a Certified Dare To Lead™ Facilitator (CDTLF) and Certified Daring Way™ Facilitator (CDWF), who trained with Dr Brown in 2016. Since that time Kylie has worked with Dr Brown's curricula in both public and in-house settings across the education, science, government, social services, sporting and financial services sectors, as well as in the arena of one-on-one coaching.
Each year Kylie attends Courage Camp in Houston, hosted by Dr Brown's organisation. She is committed to continually learning the best ways to make the world a braver place from her global daring peers.
Additionally, Kylie holds a Bachelor of Arts (Hons)(Psychology & Sociology), Masters in eBusiness and Communication and is a Certified Executive Coach (IECL) and Wellness Coach (Wellness Coaching Australia). She a practitioner of Dr Judith Glaser's Conversational Intelligence™ neuroscience research, and was a doctoral researcher into behaviour change.
She is also a faculty member of Homeward Bound, an initiative to connect 1,000 women in STEMM from across the world to increase the visibility and impact of their work in relation to climate action. In June 2019 she also became a Climate Reality Leader, training with Al Gore, committing to acting on climate.
Prior to her leap into humanising workplaces, she was an executive digital strategist, sales, marketing and project management for over 20 years, including working across five startups before eventually starting her own.