2018 Small Business Festival - Work/Life Design for Small Business Warriors
PROUDLY SUPPORTING SMALL BUSINESS FESTIVAL VICTORIA 2018
Friday 10 August, 2018
9:30am - 12:30pm
Ground Floor, Studio 2
87 Gladstone St
South Melbourne 3205
Our working lives don't exist in a vacuum. So how do we design our work practices, life commitments and personal aspirations to be the best business owner, leader, family member and friend we can be, without burning ourselves out?
You are the most important asset in your business, so it's essential you take time to understand what makes you tick, how your brain works and harness your energy flows. Getting clear about your priorities, strategic planning and working on purpose not only drives better business results, it makes for a happier human at the steering wheel.
So how do we live a life by design and not by default?
This session is about taking the latest human performance research from psychology, neuroscience, physiology, sociology, business management and leadership to maximise your focus, productivity, clarity and impact. Participants will:
- Explore inner critics vs inner mentors
- Discover the most important element of work/life design
- Cultivate a work/life design mindset
- Learn the 5 pillars of work design architecture
- Embrace essentialism
- Set boundaries and say no
- Work on purpose with purpose
- Understand how to manage energy over time
- Spend time defining your next three priorities for the next three months
- Develop a weekly habit map
- Uncover the science of good days
This is a chance to work on your personal productivity and priorities to be the best business owner you can be.
By design this workshop is held in the morning, at the end of the week, which research shows is an ideal time to work on tasks involving new ideas and long-range planning.
- Please bring along a notepad and pen.
- You're are invited to bring along products you sell or props you have to practice taking photos (if time permits).
- Pack your phone charger (just in case).
- Make sure you have space to download a few apps and take photos.
- Bring your reusable coffee cup and grab a warm beverage next door at Jimmy The Saint.
All day paid parking is available nearby.
Tram 109, stop 126 Montague St is close by.
Tram 96, stop 126 City Road is close by.
Tickets are transferable to another person, but not refundable.